Thursday, July 12, 2012

Punched Thank You



This card was so fun to create!  First, I used the Adorning Accents Edgelits to emboss the bottom of the card.  To emboss with edgelits or framelits, open the Big Shot platform to Tab 1.  Place a cutting plate, a silicone rubber pad, and your card stock on top.  Position the edgelit where desired, with the cutting blade up.  Add a scrap piece of card stock on top to keep the edgelit from sticking into the top cutting plate, then add the top cutting plate.  Please note that this is the way my Big Shot works; each Big Shot may be slightly different in tightness.  You should be able to very easily roll this sandwich through the Big Shot. 

The next step in this card is to use the new Paper Piercing Pack.  I simply chose the design that matched the edgelit, lined it up with my embossed image, and punched away.  I stamped the image from Flowering Flourishes and the sentiment from the Lacy and Lovely stamp sets using the new in color Raspberry Ripple.  I chose the oval shape and punched around the "thank you" from the Paper Piercing Pack.    Finally, I used the Modern Label Punch to punch out the words, then again to layer with Raspberry Ripple cardstock.

Thanks to Dawn's Stamping Thoughts for inspiring this card!

No comments:

Post a Comment