Monday, March 25, 2013

Everybunny Easter

Here is a shout out to a new customer...Hello, Sharon!  This card is for you!

I actually made two versions of this card--the first using basic materials, and the second with a few extras added in.  

For both cards, I stamped the bunny in the balloon in Staz-on ink, since I planned on coloring him.  Staz-on ink is permanent, and won't smear when you color over top of it.  On the first card, I colored directly with the Stampin' Write Markers.  I stamped the sentiment directly onto the Whisper White cardstock.  I cut two pieces of Lucky Limeade cardstock and used lots of snips to create the grass look. 

On the second card, I used a blender pen and my ink pads to color the bunny and egg-balloon.  Then, I carefully cut out the balloon, using an Xacto knife in between the strings of the balloon.  Despite my care, I still cut one off!  No problem, I simply made a little strip of paper and colored it in black, then adhered it to the back of the balloon.

I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of Whisper White and punched it out with the Modern Label Punch.  I used a sponge dauber to lightly color the edges.  Next, I embossed the Whisper White background with the Cloudy Day embossing folder, and cut two grassy hills from the Floral District Designer Series Paper.  I punched the flowers using one of the punches from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and added Pearls on top.  I added dimensions behind the flowers, the second hill, behind the balloon, and behind the "Happy Easter."

Stamps:  Everybunny
Inks:  Staz-on Black (101406), Stampin' Write Markers In Colors, or Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Coral Calypso, More Mustard

Paper:  Pool Party, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade or Floral District DSP
Other:  blender pen, Cloudy Day Embossing Folder, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Modern Label, dimensionals, Pearls

Sorry about the quality of the pictures! I may try to retake them, but I wanted to get this posted ASAP!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment