Monday, May 28, 2012

American Flag Stripes Embossed

Happy Memorial weekend!  This past week, I had the opportunity to meet with a wonderful group of women and tell them about Operation Write Home.  We created many cards to send overseas to the troops for them to use to send back home to loved ones.  Check out more about the program here.  As a thank you to these women, I created this card using the Stripes Embossing Folder.  I inked up my brayer with Cherry Cobbler ink, inserted the Whisper White cardstock into the folder and ran it through the Big Shot.  The star was a bit trickier, since I don't have the retired star punch or the retiring star die for the Big Shot.  I broke out my Cricut and found a cartridge with a star on it.  The Silver Glimmer paper made a great star, but I had to use an exact-o knife to completely cut it out.  I added some retired Cherry Cobbler dotted ribbon and adhered the card together. 

Thanks for SU! demonstrator Joanna at a CASE of art for the inspiration for this card!

No comments:

Post a Comment