Thursday, January 31, 2013

Swallowtail Butterflies on Vellum


Sometimes I make a card and just fall in love with it; this would be one of those!  I first made the darker purple Thank You card, shown here:

However, I stamped the En Francais background in the Elegant Eggplant and I thought it was a bit dark, and I adored the color combination that inspired this card to begin with from Deliaspaperworld's Blog....so I tried again:

 And then my daughter wanted a pink one:

  And I wanted to try one with the lighter En Francais stamped background:


Want to know how to make one too?
  
First, I stamped the Swallowtail stamp in Versamark onto Vellum Paper, along with several smaller butterflies from Papillion Potpourri.  Then, I heat embossed them with white embossing powder.  I also stamped and embossed several smaller butterflies on a separate piece of vellum.  I punched those out with the Btty Butterfly Punch.  

On the back of the vellum, I used sponge daubers to color in the butterflies.  It actually was fairly forgiving, so exactness was not necessarily required!  I used the darker colors of Elegant Eggplant, Not Quite Navy, and Rose Red because they are lightened through the vellum paper.  

I stamped the card base with En Francais, using the stamp-off technique to make it even lighter.  

I added the smaller butterflies with dimensionals, and topped them all off with jewels.  The final part of the card was adding the So Saffron ribbon.

So tell me, is this one a new favorite of yours as well?   

Stamps:  En Francais, Swallowtail, Papillion Potpourri
Inks:  More Mustard, Elegant Egglplant, Not Quite Navy, Rose Red
Paper:  Whisper White, Vellum
 Other:  So Saffron 3/8 inch Taffeta Ribbon, Jewels, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I can see way you fell in love with us. Putting it in my cards to case; thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You really should try this one; it is a great card. :)

    ReplyDelete