Monday, January 2, 2012

Hangin' with my gnomies

You either love them, or you hate them.  My husband says since we garden, we have to have a fondness for gnomes.  Either way, I think the new Gnome Sweet Gnome set is adorable, and after watching Gnomeo and Juliet with my daughter, I'm even more convinced that they are cute.  I'm not sure I want them hanging around in my flower beds, but I will create cards with them!

I used both the Gnome Sweet Gnome set and the Gnomenclature (clever, huh?) stamp sets for this card.  The patterned paper is another sneak peak at the new Designer Series Paper Twitterpated available soon in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  Oh--and the frames!  I predict one of the hottest items in the new catalog will be the Framelits Labels Collection.  They are super easy to use with the Big Shot and can be layered, as I did on this card, to create a dimensional look.  One more neat trick used on this card--see that stamped frame around the "hangin' with my gnomies" sentiment?  The new stamp set P.S. I Love You has this great label stamp that coordinates perfectly with the Modern Label Punch.  The rest of the stamp set is great as well, but that stamp will be getting lots of use! 

Colors:  Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Striped Embossing Folder
Skinny embossed lines on Riding Hood Red piece added with Simply Scored Board
Coloring of gnome completed with Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, and Marvelous Markers
Framelits Labels Collection
Modern Label Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment